I think, therefore I transfer.

Thursday, November 26, 2009

Smart Steps on Filing a Timeshare Dispute

A number of owners who had purchased a timeshare regretted their decision to own such property later after they have signed the contract and thus, they want to get out of their timeshare contracts. However, if you sign a contract and realize you made a mistake or want to back out from the deal, you can alter your decision by filing a dispute on a timeshare.

First, make copies and fax your dispute as soon as you decide you want to back out of the deal. Usually, most states and countries have a rescission period which you can cancel a timeshare contract. But unfortunately, not all states or countries have these rules.

Then, send a copy of your dispute immediately to your credit card company as well. They may honor the request and refuse payment. If payment has been transferred to the seller, then they will have to issue your credit to your account.

You can also have an attorney if your wishes are not honored or if you feel you have been ripped off. Calling the Better Business Bureau in the US for assistance may also help your dispute. Moreover, keep after the credit card company to give you a refund if ever you got scammed. They can go after the scammers effectively than you do.

If you’re an owner who regretted the decision to own a timeshare, then, you’re not alone. As a matter of fact, there are also several owners with this case who want to get rid of their timeshares. Some even hire a timeshare transfer company such as the Transfer Smart just to get rid of such property. By following the above mention steps, you have a chance to recover your payment if ever you realized that a timeshare is not meant for you.

No comments:

Post a Comment


Travel Blogs - BlogCatalog Blog Directory